Lighting Automation Controllers
GrowCentral Lighting Automation Controllers are used to precisely control your and monitor your light cycles. They can provide light zoning, perform high temperature shutoff monitoring, and can also be used to create custom photoperiods with non-standard day and night lengths. They also provide alerts, remote monitoring, programming, and control through your GrowCentral cloud account. Programming timers for your lights is now a thing of the past. Upload new lighting schedules to any, or all, or your controllers, with the touch of a button. Create unlimited unique lighting schedules and store them in your Files folder for upload to your controllers at any time.
GrowCentral Lighting Automation Controllers come in two varieties:
1. Lighting Automation Controllers that provide power distribution to the lights, in addition to control features.
2. Lighting Automation Controllers that provide only control of the lights, for fixtures that employ RJ45-type daisy-chained connection.
Benefits of a GrowCentral Lighting Controller with Power Distribution
Using a Lighting Automation Controller with power distribution provides many advantages over RJ45-type controllers. When using a controller with power distribution, you can achieve much faster deployment during facility buildout, and greatly reduced materials costs, when compared to wiring individual circuits for each fixture. You also gain greater control over your lighting, with the ability to create lighting zones, whereby you can light individual rows, or sectors in a room, as opposed to an all-or-nothing firing pattern.
Here are the top reasons to consider a Lighting Automation Controller with power distribution:
- Save on Labor and Materials. Take for example a row of 12 lights. How much time, labor, and materials does it take to install 12 circuits, wire 12 gang boxes, run all of the conduit, and connect everything up (after the time you spend to go buy all that stuff)? It's very labor-intensive, and the materials costs really add up quickly. And you need to do this for each row of lights. When you're done, it leaves you with a hard-wired, inflexible setup. Why not just ceiling-mount one 6-light controller at the end of of each row and plug the lights into that? It makes a lot more sense. You only need to install one circuit for each controller, and you have no gang boxes to wire. The controllers already have branch circuit breakers built in for each pair of outlets. It saves you a lot of money on installation labor and materials.
- Much Faster Installation. Time is money. Instead of having your electrician assemble tons of parts and wire a gang box to every lamp site, you can do one conduit run, with only one circuit, for each controller. Every pair of outlets in the controller already has its own 15A breaker. You can have a row wired and ready to fire up in under an hour, vs. many hours doing it the old way.
- Flexible Zoning Options. Control your lights in groups, by row, sector, or zone. Instead of all-or-none, you can bring your lights on in zones of 2, 4, 6, 8, or 12 at a time. This gives you the ability to shut off lights over rows that are not in production, or reduce lighting intensity during early stages. You have total flexibility over how you light the room. Programming the controllers is easy and can be done with the touch of a button - all from your phone, for as many Rooms and Facilities as you have.
- Create Custom Photoperiods. With GrowCentral's advanced timing options, you can even implement custom day and night lengths, to push your crops to new levels.
- Multiple Redundancies. Your lighting schedules will always stay on track, even if the Internet connection is temporarily down. All programs continue to execute flawlessly, so you never miss a beat.
- Remote access via the GrowCentral App. With GrowCentral, you are never more than a click away from your lighting, no matter where you are. Easily change lighting programs for one, or all, of your controllers, with one click. You can manage all of the lighting for your entire operation, all from one easy-to-use App. You get total control of everything, even when you are away from the site.
- Advanced Protection for Your Crops. GrowCentral Lighting Automation Controllers have the most powerful monitoring and high temperature shutoff features available anywhere, so you can protect your crops from heat damage. When paired with a CS-series Climate Sensor, you get constant environment monitoring, and instant alerts via text or email if there is a problem. You can begin to shut lighting down in zones if your preset temperature thresholds are surpassed, and restore lighting only when temperatures have reached safe levels. It's all done for you automatically. All you need to do is define the parameters.
Make the decision now! CLICK HERE to browse controllers. Find one you like, and try it out. You'll be glad you did, and we're confident you'll be back for more!